Saturday 22 April 2017

Visual Journal - Silhouette Collage





These silhouette collages have proven really really effective in my opinion. Playing around with some of the left over cut outs from previous experiments, I layered them over existing adverts that I have been working from to creates these body shaped 'windows' looking into the adverts  imagery.

I like the fact that it represents how the adverts are viewed by the audience; through the eyes of attraction and through the female form, existing as the most important aspect of the images.

Again by using several forms and imagery in one image makes for an interesting duality; the audience sometimes only focusses on the background image however on another look they then pick out the form that frames the image, changing depending on what they focus on.

I love the subtly of the forms as a result, and how clean and crisp their outlines are against the dark tones of the adverts.

No comments:

Post a Comment