Thursday 16 March 2017

Visual Journal - Failed Texture Experiments

Based off some of my artist research of textures, such as the work of Zes MSK, I wanted to try and explore textures within images of advertising and the people in them. So I headed into the city to collect photos of advertising to respond to.


Just as I was with my original line experiments, I wanted to try and incorporate overly happy and idealistic images that adverts often use, but that are quite dystopian and easily uneasy with how over the top and unrealistic they are. By using layering and gestural image making techniques I wanted to heighten this sense of eeriness. 


The outcome, although certainly dystopian, was horrific. I don't really know what went wrong with my drawing abilities this day, and trying to save it with more marks and layers evidently didn't work wonders. In this instance it is not the idea that was unsuccessful but the execution and image making, which is easily rectified by exploring other ways to present my ideas using layering and textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment