Sunday 30 October 2016

Study Task 2 - Triangulation

Triangulation - The ability to compare and contrast at least 3 different pieces of information, analysing they contents and meaning, as well as their context, the validity of the sources in comparison to each other based on their socio-cultural contexts, their authors, and their relevance to the overarching theme.


Although these may not be the specific texts I use in my essay, it was good to make a start on deciphering and reading deeper into pieces of writing relevant to my quote. I found it slightly hard to keep it related to my quote and especially the overarching theme, as not many articles I have currently found seem to discuss politics in relation to illustration directly. 
Also the original quote is becoming quite difficult to define and make full sense of. I am debating whether he is not actually opposing the definition of illustration per se, but is instead calling out illustration focussed on aesthetics and style for not having the substance and purpose that it could or should have, in his opinion. He may not being stating that it isn't illustration, he may just be looking down on it for not having a back bone like he believes it should. 

I perhaps need to carry on digging deeper into the quote and Zeegen's opinions and motives, as well as trying to find more directly relevant texts, which discuss the use of politics within illustration and also the politics within illustration, and the conflict of definitions. I believe I have made a good start so far though. 




No comments:

Post a Comment