Wednesday 3 January 2018

Study Task 5

I propose to carry out a reportage project about a topic I am interested in, capturing moments and experiences in written, photographic, and illustrated forms. In doing this, I am hoping to explore the truth behind the images I create, evaluating how they are read by an audience and how well the topic I have tried to portray is communicated. With my essay being about subjectivity in image making and the truth claims of visual journalism, I am going to analyse how my images are inevitably subjective and influenced by my bias and opinions,  and how there is a disconnect between what I witnessed and experienced and what was captured on paper. If anything, it will give me the opportunity to explore the difficulties when it comes to creating informed and 'true' images that communicate an issue or message effectively, giving me a better understanding of the relationship between how images are created and how they are read by an audience.

My process will involved visiting places of relevance to my topic, talking to the people there and immersing myself in the place in order to learn more and research. I am hoping that the conversations I have and the things I witness will all contribute to how the resulting images turn out, which in turn will tell the story of my experience and the overarching topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment